The Council has been structured to draw synergies from a wide membership representing all Stakeholders and actors in the industry and uses pragmatic approaches of interrogating the processes in the subsector in order to revamp and develop the industry. The Council works closely with stakeholders and development partners in implementing strategic initiatives aimed at transforming the industry. The Council engages policy makers at regional, national and county levels to inform policymaking and promote adoption of harmonized policies, regulations, and standards to enhance development and growth of a robust potato industry in Kenya and seamless trade in the region.
Located at KALRO-Kabete (former KARI-NARL) Campus, Waiyaki Way, P.O. Box 29982-00100 Nairobi Kenya
Telephone, +254712338633/ +254202411921 Email:email@example.com Website: www.npck.org
NPCK VISION STATEMENT
Potato industry is a leading contributor to increased incomes, food security, and improved welfare in Kenya
NPCK MISSION STATEMENT
Coordinate potato sub-sector stakeholders towards development of potato industry’s profitability and livelihoods improvement.
The NPCK Strategic Plan is anchored on six objectives:
1. To contribute in creating an enabling environment for effective and efficient potato value chains for growth and development of a self-regulating potato industry.
2. To help build a cohesive potato industry in order to promote synergies and minimize duplication for efficient use of resources through enhanced public private partnership
3. To promote best practices for quality standards, improved yields and enhanced value addition in order to thrive in local, regional, and global markets.
4. To create a platform for information management and capacity building for the various potato value chain actors.
5. To mobilize and effectively manage resources for the growth and stability of the organization and prosperity of the industry.
6. To identify and mainstream crosscutting and emerging issues within the potato industry